Thursday, June 21, 2007

No Luck



I checked the game camera that I had set up about a week ago and found nothing but deer on it. I had hoped to pull in a predator, but no such luck. I know of another area that is deeper in the woods and I plan on setting it up there hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I also plan on trying some type of lure along with the FurFindr. The Camera Trap Codger seems to have quite a bit of luck using beaver castoreum so I plan on trying it myself. I know without a doubt that many predators lurk in the depths of the Big Thicket that surrounds our property so I plan to keep on keepin' on until they show their gnarly faces to my camera lens. Updates will follow so stay tuned!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Camera Trap Codger said...

Jace, it looks like you are getting hooked. If water is in short supply, that water hole you mentioned earlier will be a big atttraction to all kinds of critters. Congrats on your first photo!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jace Stansbury said...

Thanks Codger- you're exactly right....I'm hooked. I've ordered some fox/coyote lure and also some beaver castoreum from Northwest Trapper's Supply. Can't wait to try this stuff out. I'll probably try the castoreum first since it looks like you've had quite a bit of luck with it.

6:25 PM  
Blogger The Naturalist said...

Where did you get your camera from?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jace Stansbury said...

If you're talking about the game camera I got it at Gander Mountain sporting goods store. You can find them at any store that has hunting gear. If you're talking about by 35mm digital camera - it is a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ20. I bought it online from a phtography shop. Paid about $500 for it and it was worth every penny. Go here to check it out.
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz20-review/index.shtml

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Online Schools