Thursday, September 14, 2006

Black Widow - Part II


Just when I thought I ridded the inside of the pump house of black widows I find another one with two egg sacs this time on the outside just underneath the overhang of the metal roof. As I approached she scurried into one of the nooks formed by the corrugated roof leaving the egg sacs behind. Her cobweb angles downward towards the ground and doesn't amount to much and is not as intricate as other spiders- kinda shabby looking, but it serves its purpose trapping insects for her. When I tapped the tin roof near the egg sacs she rushed to them with "creepy" speed raising the hackles on my neck. I took photo after photo reminding myself just how close I was to much pain.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Online Schools